Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We Need To Talk About Kevin

I rented on my iPhone this movie.  I had heard great things about it.  Wow.  That's all I can say.  Tilda Swinton is great in this film.  But let me tell you about the story.  

It's about a bad kid.  From the birth of her child, Kevin is a difficult child.  Crying all the time, back-mouthing his mother and basically being obstinate, malicious & manipulative.  As Kevin grows he becomes worse & worse.  John C. Riley plays her husband - a doting father who believes "boys will be boys".  The whole movie is presented in flashback form.  With the "incident" being mentioned but not explained until the ending.  This movie is disturbing.  Very, very disturbing and Tilda is great.  She goes from a strong young woman to a meek, victimized shell of a woman.  Very moving.  I really enjoyed this film.  Should you see it?  Yes, I don't think it will get you inside the mind of a killer or anything, but you certainly will reconsider you stance on smacking a kid.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your share! free golf games LINE for Windows

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home