Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fall of Giants

So FINALLY I finished my book.  I started this epic last October.  Now I'm a fast reader and usually plow through books.  But this book was the book I was reading through both my surgeries, so that took months out as I wasn't able to concentrate on television for quite a while, never mind reading.  And also due to the fact that I usually only read for 30 minutes a day during my lunch break.  But that's has nothing to do with this book.  So let's dish...

This book begins right before World War I.  It is the first book of Ken Follett's Century Trilogy.  As I wrote above, it's a huge undertaking, but I really liked it.  This book follows the intertwining of several families in several different countries.  Russia, Germany, America, England & France.  Now this story is a ficitional story based in the reality of that time period.  It dealt with many facsets of the political horizion including Britain's women's sufferage.  I found it fascinating.  The story begins big and ends big.  Book 2 is due out in the fall and I plan to read it - I figure it will bring us right into World War II.  Should you read it?  Yes, especially if your into history and/or enjoy great writing.  Yay!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

I admire you for reading... I don't read much anymore... I mean, yes to media and self-help stuff... But a novel? Been a long time... Sheesh!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home